Dr. Helen R. Connors, Associate Dean, Integrated Technologies and Executive Director of the University of Kansas Center for Health Informatics will discuss:
- the fundamental building blocks for a successful e-learning program
- growth in online learning and a vision for the future
- educational technologies that create higher order learning
Dr. Connors is a recognized leader in educational innovations. She will discuss “E-learning: Theory and Practice” on Tuesday, July 13th at 10:30 am. This presentation will focus on eLearning theory and eMerging technologies that promote best practices for teaching and learning online.
Everyone is welcome, please register to attend. This event is in conjunction with a Duke University School of Nursing faculty fellowship sponsored by the Center for Instructional Technology.
Billings, D.M., Skeba, D.J., Connors, H.R., (2005). Best Practices in Web-base Courses: Generational differences across Undergraduate and Graduate nursing student. Journal of Professional Nursing 21 (2), 126-133
Connors, H.R. (2008). Beyond the classroom: Considering Distance Education Approaches (pp 163-175). In Penn, B. K. (ED.) Mastering the Teaching Role: A Guide for Nurse Educators. Philadelphia: FA Davis Co.
Burruss, N.M., Billings, D., Brownrigg, V., Skiba, D., Connors, H.R., (2009). Class Size as Related to the Use of Technology, Educational Practices, and Outcomes in Web-based Nursing Courses. Journal of Professional Nursing, 25 (1), 33-41
Andrea helps faculty use technology effectively and efficiently in their teaching. She works primarily with scientists, using her biology background, love of science and teaching experience. Her current enthusiasms include online science education, active learning (especially team-based learning) and assessment.
- Flipping the Classroom Fellowship: Authentic Learning in the Humanities
- Call for Proposals Seeks Innovative Online Education Projects
- DE SIG @ Duke December Session to Focus on Global Distance Education
- Flipping the Classroom Fellowship: Effectively Using Video
- Google Geo Tools in Education
- Duke Digital Initiative Call for Proposals Now Open
- Bass Online Apprentice Collaborates to Create Global Online Learning Experience