- Get Ideas
What should be the purpose of higher education? How should it be funded? What role should institutions such as Duke play in the higher education ecosystem? What implications does a changing educational landscape have for teaching? These and other questions are the focus of Duke’s spring speaker series, Re-imagining the Academy. As part of that series, Eduardo Ochoa, Obama’s top appointee on higher education, speaks and answers questions tonight ( 2/17) at 5 p.m. in the York Reading Room in the Divinity School (click for directions). Please come and bring your colleagues!
Prior to his appointment as Assist. Sec. for Postsecondary Education, Eduardo Ochoa was the provost and vice president for Sonoma State University.
Lynne O'Brien is Director of Academic Technology and Instructional Services for Perkins Library at Duke University. She works with faculty, librarians, campus IT planners and academic technology groups around the country to develop programs to support the use of technology in teaching and research initiatives. Her interests include strategic planning for libraries and for academic technology, open access and open source educational materials and mobile learning.
- Upcoming Lecture: The Assessment of Writing
- Healthcare Innovation and Entrepreneurship MOOC
- 2013 Trillium Workshop: Sustainability Across the Curriculum
- IntroAstro: an intense experience
- The Elephant in the Room: Machine Translation in the Language Classroom
- Duke’s “Sports and Society” MOOC Prepares to Launch
- Medical Neuroscience Day One