Looking to learn something new in 2013? Duke is offering online courses through Coursera that are free for anybody to join.
Guillermo Sapiro starts teaching Image and video processing: From Mars to Hollywood with a stop at the hospital on January 14. He has released some lecture videos as a preview before the class starts. Sign up here.
More upcoming Duke classes to be offered on Coursera:
Mimi Jakoi for Introductory Human Physiology
Denise Comer for English Composition I: Achieving Expertise
Orin Starn for Sports and Society
For more information on Duke’s online courses, click here: http://onlinecourses.duke.edu/.
Chris works with faculty to discover new ways of using technology effectively in teaching and learning. He is always exploring the latest apps, games and platforms for engaging students. Chris is a believer in experiential learning and is committed to developing community and communication in learning. He is focused on providing increased opportunities for teacher-student interaction through skillful implementation of social media tools, learning management systems, mobile devices, and digital media.
- Applications Being Accepted for Summer-Fall 2015 Active Learning CIT Faculty Fellowship Program
- MPS West Studio Changes and Enhancements
- DE SIG @Duke April Session: Our Own Distance Education Successes & Challenges
- Teaching Tips: Engaging Learners with Online Communication Tools
- There and back again: Data Analysis and Statistical Inference MOOC comes back to Duke
- Journal on Excellence in College Teaching
- Flipping the Classroom Fellowship: Rethinking Your Course