- Get Ideas
The American Council on Education has announced that five Coursera MOOC courses have earned credit recommendations. Two of the courses – Mohamed Noor’s “Introduction to Genetics and Evolution” and Roger Barr’s “Bioelectricity: A Quantitative Approach” – are part of Duke’s Coursera effort.
The ACE’s process includes faculty reviewers who consider creditworthiness, content, pedagogical approaches, technical issues, student-faculty interaction and security of assessments. Duke’s two courses have earned credit recommendations from ACE.
Randy A. Riddle consults with faculty in the Humanities and Social Sciences on integrating technology into teaching. He has been a CIT consultant since 2000. His professional interests include e-learning, social networking, online productivity tools, video and multimedia, and visualization. Randy's current work includes management of the CIT's Faculty Fellows program, consulting on Coursera course design and exploring areas such as e-textbook authoring. His other interests outside of work include restoration of vintage recording formats and broadcasting and film history. He volunteers for the Old Time Radio Researchers Group and maintains an ongoing blog on radio history research.
- Graduate students – 2013 Professional Development Summer Institute
- Upcoming Lecture: The Assessment of Writing
- Healthcare Innovation and Entrepreneurship MOOC
- 2013 Trillium Workshop: Sustainability Across the Curriculum
- IntroAstro: an intense experience
- The Elephant in the Room: Machine Translation in the Language Classroom
- Duke’s “Sports and Society” MOOC Prepares to Launch