Ever uploaded a video to YouTube and then wished that you’d just removed the first few seconds from it? Well – now you can. YouTube recently announced a video editor. This being Google/YouTube, they decided to announce and explain the editor via a YouTube video:
A few things to note:
- You need a YouTube account (with uploaded videos of course) to use the editor
- You can’t edit other people’s videos (in other words, create a video ‘mashup’ from other content creators), only your own.
- You can’t collaborate on an edit – this is very much an individual tool.
With that said, this development may prove to be extremely useful for those looking for a way to re-edit their own YouTube clips, or without a decent video editor on their own computer. One benefit to editing your clips on YouTube – YouTube doesn’t care what format your videos are in. You can upload practically any video format (WMV, MOV, etc) and edit them together online.
- 2015 CIT Showcase Schedule and Keynote Speaker
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Sakai
- Discuss cheating at the CIT’s November book club
- CIT Showcase 2015 – Register Now! Accepting Session Proposals Through Sept. 16
- MOOC Design Lessons From The Trenches
- Gain new perspectives on teaching with CIT’s Visit a Classroom program
- 2015 CIT Showcase Website is Now Available! (Register to Attend/Submit a Session Proposal)