Ever uploaded a video to YouTube and then wished that you’d just removed the first few seconds from it? Well – now you can. YouTube recently announced a video editor. This being Google/YouTube, they decided to announce and explain the editor via a YouTube video:
A few things to note:
- You need a YouTube account (with uploaded videos of course) to use the editor
- You can’t edit other people’s videos (in other words, create a video ‘mashup’ from other content creators), only your own.
- You can’t collaborate on an edit – this is very much an individual tool.
With that said, this development may prove to be extremely useful for those looking for a way to re-edit their own YouTube clips, or without a decent video editor on their own computer. One benefit to editing your clips on YouTube – YouTube doesn’t care what format your videos are in. You can upload practically any video format (WMV, MOV, etc) and edit them together online.
- Five Steps to End-of-Semester Grading
- Dr. Elizabeth Bucholz Participated in Our Active Learning Fellowship
- Active Learning Fellows: Gennifer Weisenfeld on working in teams
- Using Sankey Diagrams to tell a story with data
- Why Tropical Coastal Ecosystems on edX was an awesome MOOC
- Teaching from 32,000 feet
- DE SIG@Duke November Session Focus on Adaptive Learning