The Graduate School’s annual “Teaching IDEAS” workshop series (Instructional Development for Excellence And Success) is open to Duke faculty, staff, postdocs, and graduate students. Invited speakers in this series will draw on their experience to address topics relevant to classroom teaching, dealing with students, or faculty life and career paths. Future presentations this semester will focus on teaching service learning courses, teaching Duke undergraduates, and using shared teaching resources such as MERLOT.
By participating, you will learn how to:
• Recognize the complex dimensions of classroom teaching & faculty life
• Analyze difficult teaching situations and respond creatively
• Improve your teaching skills by drawing upon various resources at Duke
• Plan and design courses with the student perspective in mind
• Engage in scholarly conversations about college teaching and learning
Registration is required and lunch is provided; session descriptions and registration links can be found on the Graduate School’s calendar.