Announcing a new site at Duke to keep you informed about Duke’s experiments with delivering courses online.
Learn more about:
- iTunes U
- Semester Online
- Duke Programs Online
- Oversight and assessment of online courses
From this site, access the Coursera Call for Proposals. Duke is experimenting with a several new models for online learning in the 2012-13 academic year, including offering Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) using the Coursera platform. Building on prior experience in offering online degree programs and on technology innovation projects in the Duke Digital Initiative, Duke’s experimental courses encourage exploration of new teaching strategies, extend Duke’s commitment to sharing knowledge in service to society and showcase Duke’s excellent faculty and academic programs.
The Provost and the Academic Committee on Online Education seek proposals from Duke faculty across the campus who are interested in offering Coursera courses between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014. Proposed courses should involve innovative teaching methods, serve to enhance learning at Duke as well as global learning, and showcase Duke’s interdisciplinary strengths.
For more information about MOOCs, Coursera and the 2013-14 application process, see the Online Course Initiative website.
Preliminary applications are due Monday February 4, 2013, 5 pm EST.
Andrea helps faculty use technology effectively and efficiently in their teaching. She works primarily with scientists, using her biology background, love of science and teaching experience. Her current enthusiasms include online science education, active learning (especially team-based learning) and assessment.
- Considering creating interactive video in your course
- Welcoming Your Students to Class
- Sakai Update: New look, new features coming August 16
- 6th Annual Serious Play Conference: 5 Things I Learned While Seriously Playing
- CIT takes the Showcase downtown!
- Conference on Teaching Large Classes (July 21, 2016)
- Could A Student Have Guessed Their Way To Success On Your Last Exam?