Sakai Upgrade coming May 11
Duke Sakai is scheduled for an upgrade (from version 2.7 to 2.9) May 11. The upgrade will provide over 500 bug fixes and keep Duke current with other peer institutions also planning to upgrade to Sakai 2.9 this year. During the upgrade, Sakai will be unavailable for 6-8 hours. After the upgrade, Duke Sakai users will notice some graphic enhancements to Sakai’s interface, but most of the core Sakai tools (Discussion Forums, Gradebook, Syllabus, Resources) will function (and look) the same way they currently do.
Sakai 2.9 will also provide the Duke community with a new tool called ‘Lessons.’ This tool will replace the Modules tool (currently in Sakai) with a much more robust set of features for displaying course content. We’ll be providing more information about Lessons on the CIT blog, at the Sakai support site, and at the upcoming CIT Showcase.
For more details on Sakai 2.9, see the Sakai community’s release page.
Summer and Fall 2013 terms available
Faculty can create Sakai course sites for Summer and Fall 2013 courses. If you’re a program coordinator or staff assistant tasked with creating several courses at once, we also have some other options available – please refer to our previous CIT blog post.
- Considering creating interactive video in your course
- Welcoming Your Students to Class
- Sakai Update: New look, new features coming August 16
- 6th Annual Serious Play Conference: 5 Things I Learned While Seriously Playing
- CIT takes the Showcase downtown!
- Conference on Teaching Large Classes (July 21, 2016)
- Could A Student Have Guessed Their Way To Success On Your Last Exam?