The Duke University Graduate School is sponsoring the 2013 Professional Development Summer Institute: Broadening Career Perspectives for the Humanities and Social Sciences on Tuesday, June 4, 2013 from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Durham Hilton, 3800 Hillsborough Road.
The free Summer Institute is an intensive-half-day professional development experience designed to broaden employment contexts and perspectives for social sciences and humanities PhDs. Participants will leave the institute with an understanding of the job search process for positions beyond faculty careers, new networking contacts, and skills to begin an effective job search. The mini-conference features nine breakout sessions and a keynote address, “What Can You Be with a Duke Ph.D.?” by Dr. ElizaBeth Fox, Associate Dean, Trinity College and Director, Academic Advising Center for Trinity College of Arts & Sciences.
Randy A. Riddle consults with faculty in the Humanities and Social Sciences on integrating technology into teaching. He has been a CIT consultant since 2000. His professional interests include e-learning, social networking, online productivity tools, video and multimedia, and visualization. Randy's current work includes management of the CIT's Faculty Fellows program, consulting on Coursera course design and exploring areas such as e-textbook authoring. His other interests outside of work include restoration of vintage recording formats and broadcasting and film history. He volunteers for the Old Time Radio Researchers Group and maintains an ongoing blog on radio history research.
- 2015 CIT Showcase Schedule and Keynote Speaker
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Sakai
- Discuss cheating at the CIT’s November book club
- CIT Showcase 2015 – Register Now! Accepting Session Proposals Through Sept. 16
- MOOC Design Lessons From The Trenches
- Gain new perspectives on teaching with CIT’s Visit a Classroom program
- 2015 CIT Showcase Website is Now Available! (Register to Attend/Submit a Session Proposal)