In conjunction with the ISSOTL 2013 conference being held in Raleigh in early October, Elon University’s Center for Engaged Learning is also hosting ISSOTL Online 2013, a free online seminar running September 9-28, 2013. ISSOTL Online 2013 features three complementary strands:
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Foundations,
- Student Voices in SoTL, and
- Studying and Designing for Transfer.
It will include synchronous and asynchronous conversations, as well as videos and featured readings, but no assessments. The seminar is open to anyone, whether attending the Raleigh conference or not.
Amy plans, implements and assesses faculty development programs for the improvement of teaching and learning, provides programs and resources designed to increase understanding of the teaching-learning process and manages personnel and other resources for the Center for Instructional Technology. Her interests are in course and program design, curriculum mapping, assessment, engaging teaching strategies for student learning, and e-textbooks, e-readers and open learning materials.
- Five Steps to End-of-Semester Grading
- Dr. Elizabeth Bucholz Participated in Our Active Learning Fellowship
- Active Learning Fellows: Gennifer Weisenfeld on working in teams
- Using Sankey Diagrams to tell a story with data
- Why Tropical Coastal Ecosystems on edX was an awesome MOOC
- Teaching from 32,000 feet
- DE SIG@Duke November Session Focus on Adaptive Learning