Language Teaching and Technology is a new blog I’ve started to communicate with language instructors here at Duke (and beyond). It features descriptions of apps particularly suited for language teaching, links to resources on the web, posts about what I am reading, event announcements, and interesting teaching ideas. Please bookmark it now and visit often.
Elise Mueller is the consultant for the language departments at Duke. Her goal is to help instructors explore the best ways to support language acquisition through technology. As a member of Sakai group, Elise leads training sessions, troubleshoots technical issues, and develops documentation of the support site. More recently, she has assisted faculty with the planning and development of Coursera courses. Her interests include using multimedia in the classroom, emerging models of higher education and e-learning, and experiential learning.
- Considering creating interactive video in your course
- Welcoming Your Students to Class
- Sakai Update: New look, new features coming August 16
- 6th Annual Serious Play Conference: 5 Things I Learned While Seriously Playing
- CIT takes the Showcase downtown!
- Conference on Teaching Large Classes (July 21, 2016)
- Could A Student Have Guessed Their Way To Success On Your Last Exam?