Please join CIT consultants and faculty members for lively discussions of current teaching ideas and methods throughout Spring 2014. These informal meetings will include activities and examples to get you thinking about possible changes in your classroom. The seminars are every other Thursday from 3:00 – 4:30 PM.
Register now, space is limited.
|Flipping the Classroom: Perspectives from Duke Faculty||January 23, 2014 (3:00 – 4:30)|
|Writing Good Multiple Choice Questions||February 6, 2014 (3:00 – 4:30)|
|Assessment Strategies||February 20, 2014 (3:00 – 4:30)|
|Introduction to Team-Based Learning||March 6, 2014 (3:00 – 4:30)|
|Games for Learning||March 20, 2014 (3:00 – 4:30)|
|Active Learning for Online Teaching||April 3, 2014 (3:00 – 4:30)|
|Mobile Devices and Learning||April 17, 2014 (3:00 – 4:30)|
|Using Video in Teaching||May 8, 2014 (3:00 – 4:30)|
Elise Mueller is the consultant for the language departments at Duke. Her goal is to help instructors explore the best ways to support language acquisition through technology. As a member of Sakai group, Elise leads training sessions, troubleshoots technical issues, and develops documentation of the support site. More recently, she has assisted faculty with the planning and development of Coursera courses. Her interests include using multimedia in the classroom, emerging models of higher education and e-learning, and experiential learning.
- 2015 CIT Showcase Schedule and Keynote Speaker
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Sakai
- Discuss cheating at the CIT’s November book club
- CIT Showcase 2015 – Register Now! Accepting Session Proposals Through Sept. 16
- MOOC Design Lessons From The Trenches
- Gain new perspectives on teaching with CIT’s Visit a Classroom program
- 2015 CIT Showcase Website is Now Available! (Register to Attend/Submit a Session Proposal)