CIT congratulates all of the 2014 Trinity College and Alumni Teaching Award winners. Once again this year, CIT co-sponsored the Teaching with Technology Award. This year’s award winner, Denise Comer (Thompson Writing Program) showcases excellence in teaching with technology through her recent delivery of a writing MOOC, contributions to various studies to learn more about pedagogical and technological impacts, and continued commitment to creatively and critically exploring innovative approaches to teaching.
Other award winners include:
- Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel – who also recently wrapped up her first MOOC – Data Analysis and Statistical Inference – among many other achievements this year
- the Spanish Language Program’s Civic Engagement Initiative, including several faculty CIT’s worked with over the years such as Lilliana Paredes (Flexible Learning Spaces fellow ’08) and Melissa Simmermeyer (Sustainability fellow ’11 and Teaching Research with Writing Fellow ’12).
We’re excited for all this year’s winners and looking forward to continuing to partner with them on new innovations and projects in the years to come!
- Five Steps to End-of-Semester Grading
- Dr. Elizabeth Bucholz Participated in Our Active Learning Fellowship
- Active Learning Fellows: Gennifer Weisenfeld on working in teams
- Using Sankey Diagrams to tell a story with data
- Why Tropical Coastal Ecosystems on edX was an awesome MOOC
- Teaching from 32,000 feet
- DE SIG@Duke November Session Focus on Adaptive Learning