CIT congratulates all of the 2014 Trinity College and Alumni Teaching Award winners. Once again this year, CIT co-sponsored the Teaching with Technology Award. This year’s award winner, Denise Comer (Thompson Writing Program) showcases excellence in teaching with technology through her recent delivery of a writing MOOC, contributions to various studies to learn more about pedagogical and technological impacts, and continued commitment to creatively and critically exploring innovative approaches to teaching.
Other award winners include:
- Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel – who also recently wrapped up her first MOOC – Data Analysis and Statistical Inference – among many other achievements this year
- the Spanish Language Program’s Civic Engagement Initiative, including several faculty CIT’s worked with over the years such as Lilliana Paredes (Flexible Learning Spaces fellow ’08) and Melissa Simmermeyer (Sustainability fellow ’11 and Teaching Research with Writing Fellow ’12).
We’re excited for all this year’s winners and looking forward to continuing to partner with them on new innovations and projects in the years to come!
- CIT Focus Group (and Free Google Cardboard Viewer!)
- Introduce Yourself: Student Videos Build Community
- Assessing Programming Skills Online
- Getting Started with Student Podcast Assignments
- “That’s Awesome!” — Art of the MOOC
- Introverts Can Thrive with Group Work
- “That’s Awesome!” – Making Colors More Universal