- Explore data visualizations created by Bin Software that use the HTC Vive room-scale virtual reality (VR) system on Monday, January 25 in conjunction with the Duke research computing symposium in 3051 Trent Semans Center for Health Education. Register to be able to put on a VR headset and walk (literally!) through a visual representation of data and see how that data can be manipulated in 3D. There are other ways to participate, too! See the link for more information below. Refreshments will be available.
- Stop by the RENCI Conference Room, OIT Telecommunications Bldg. on Tuesday, January 26 any time between 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. to check out VR tools like the Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, the Samsung Gear VR, and more. Discuss how VR can be used for teaching and learning at Duke. No registration required. Refreshments will be available.
- Join David Hemly, Sr. Manager World Wide Technical Field Team Pro Video at Adobe on Wednesday, January 27 from 9:30-11:30 in 119 Telecommunications Bldg. for a discussion of tools and initiatives Adobe is working on for VR. Registration is limited. Register online at: training.oit.duke.edu/reg.
For more information about this series and to register, visit https://dukedigitalinitiative.duke.edu/virtual-reality-events-january-2016/. These events are sponsored by the Duke Digital Initiative (DDI), a collaboration between OIT and CIT to explore new and emerging technologies to support teaching & learning.
Elise Mueller is the consultant for the language departments at Duke. Her goal is to help instructors explore the best ways to support language acquisition through technology. As a member of Sakai group, Elise leads training sessions, troubleshoots technical issues, and develops documentation of the support site. More recently, she has assisted faculty with the planning and development of Coursera courses. Her interests include using multimedia in the classroom, emerging models of higher education and e-learning, and experiential learning.
- Considering creating interactive video in your course
- Welcoming Your Students to Class
- Sakai Update: New look, new features coming August 16
- 6th Annual Serious Play Conference: 5 Things I Learned While Seriously Playing
- CIT takes the Showcase downtown!
- Conference on Teaching Large Classes (July 21, 2016)
- Could A Student Have Guessed Their Way To Success On Your Last Exam?