Duke faculty and academic staff are invited to register and join CIT staff at an upcoming webinar produced by the Educause Learning Initiative and hosted by CIT: New Directions in Instructional Design: Keeping Pace in a Time of Rapid Change. See the full webinar schedule here.
Instructional design has emerged as the key resource for fueling change and innovation in teaching and learning. This new importance brings with it significant challenges, as instructional design must keep pace with—if not remain a step or two ahead of—the new directions and opportunities to support learners:
- What new organizational models and practices do instructional design teams need to adopt?
- How can instructional designers best make use of the increasing amount of learning data that is available?
- What kinds of evidence-based practices make the most sense for instructional designers?
- What are some professional development approaches that provide structure for instructional designers to share their mutual areas of expertise, while focusing on key areas of professional growth?
This online event will bring together a variety of teaching and learning professionals to explore successful models for leadership in teaching and learning. The session will be valuable for:
- Learning technologists and instructional designers
- Faculty members and instructors
- Senior teaching and learning administrators (e.g., deans, provost office staff)
We look forward to seeing you at the webinar!